Mother Catherine McAuley founded the Mercy Order in Dublin in 1831. The Mercy Sisters first came to Navan in 1853. The Sisters first taught needlework in a house in Bakery Lane, off Trimgate Street. In 1857 they moved to Leighsbrook and taught the elementary subjects - reading, writing and arithmetic.
In 1910 the present school was built on a site donated by the Convent. In 1966 a major work of reconstruction and extension was carried out. In recent years classrooms and resource rooms have been added to our school. We hope that our new school building will begin soon!