Parents Association 2017-2018
The purpose of our Parent Association is to provide a structure through which the parents/guardians in St. Joseph’s Mercy Primary School can work together for the best interest of their children. Our association works in co-operation with the Board of Management, principal, teachers and students of St. Josephs to build an effective partnership between home and school.
Our Aims are:
1. To promote general interest in the welfare of the school.
2. To run functions of educational & social value for parents/guardians and pupils
3. To run functions that will provide finance to improve school facilities and resources.
4. To organise and facilitate extracurricular activities
The committee elected at this year’s 2017-2018 AGM are:
Chairperson: Laura Coogan
Treasurer: Olivia O' Brien
Secretary: Paula Ward
Our Parent Association Committee have organised many events during the past year. A particular highlight was providing a Buddy Bench for the Senior Infant Yard. The Buddy bench was a collaboration with Navan Men’s Shed who designed and built this bench. Other work undertaken by the association last year was:
• Organising the Brennan Insurance Scheme for all classes
• Funding and organising First Communion Party for 2nd Class
• Funding and organising treat afternoon for 6th class boys and girls
• Contributing to the purchase of Arts Resource Material for all classes
• Funding the transportation to & from swimming lessons for 3rd & 4th classes
• Organising a very successful Skipathon Fundraiser (€4,500)
• Organising the Easter Raffle which raised funds for Mercy Mission to Zambia
Our association is affiliated to the National Parents Council Primary.
Easter Egg Raffle March 2018
The Parents' Association would like to thank everyone who supported this raffle and bought tickets for the Easter Eggs. They would like to thank Glanmore Foods for their generous sponsorship of the two Easter Egg Hampers. The raffle raised €1,198.90.The overall winners were Kian Reilly Fitzsimons in Room 10 and Subran Fawad in Room 6.